[450] Monitoring looking north 450FM

David Garcia wb2rxf at gmail.com
Fri Jan 23 16:30:37 UTC 2015

I also don't see an issue once a beam is in place either, I understand
about the mountains, I have a good friend that lives in pike county
Matamoras PA that I would like it like to be able to work regularly, but he
has the highpoint state park mountain blocking him from my direction, so it
doesn't make much sense to put 100watts or more into a mountain. I've
typically worked into virginia & northern north carolina under flat
conditions on ssb, before I had the amp in line & even had a gentlemen from
Kentucky send me cw under the same flat conditions and I heard it fairly
well, it was an s1 but it was readable. I'm surprised this 2m7 has turned
out to be such a small gem.