[450] Monitoring looking north 450FM

George Andrews gandrews at ntplx.net
Fri Jan 23 17:34:00 UTC 2015

I think M2 makes some of the best antennae. Certainly sounds like you 2M7 is working well for you! There is other good stuff, but I don’t think you can ever go wrong with M2. I have the 9 el on 14 feet which I decided to go with and I think it works well. I want to learn CW as it is a good weak signal tool and is good to use with a lot of noise. The ear can be trained very well to get the signal out of the noise with pretty good error correction. Digital modes are good, but I like voice the most.

I was using the preamp in the PA which is not as good as the ARR preamp I have. I just have to find it.

I would like to get an amp with about 400 to 600 W output, but that is competing with a full size 45 ACP perhaps with can. I have a subcompact 45 ACP for EDC, but would like to add the FS for IDPA competition.

George