[450] 222 repeaters list update

George Andrews gandrews at ntplx.net
Sun Nov 28 11:08:50 EST 2010

Group,

I have updated my contribution. Added a column for the 4 el. beam. It is presently not in a good location and is in need of a rotor, so no further testing was done. It is important to note that only 4 el. brought the Torrington repeater up by a considerable amount. It was not heard using the omni, but went up to one bar. Results should be better with a good location and rotor.

Thanks to Bob and Dave for being the local pioneers on 222. The spread sheet is a great way to evaluate your station, keeping in mind the gear does not always make the station! Location plays a significant role. A modest omni and a small beam will serve quite well.

If activity increases, I may consider a ten element or stacked smaller beams in addition to the omni.

George
N1YAE