[450] Microphone painting project.

William Knapp / WA1WK kc1wj at kc1wj.com
Fri Nov 27 15:31:14 UTC 2015

Mt Shure 450 was looking pretty ratty. I'm not ever planning on
selling it. After all I got it for free out of a dumpster, so I
figured..what the heck, why not paint it. Now it's gloss black on the
bottom. What color do you guys suggest for the top part (which extends
out a few more inches than is shown in the photo.)
My only worry is that the paint my dub off when I raise and lower the
neck extension of the mic. I want to keep all the brushed aluminum
accents intact.
I may take out the PTT switch and paint that too. It's pretty grungy
from use, but I might be able to just clean it with some acetone or
something similar.

So anyway - suggest away for a top color for the mic.

Hope you all had a good turkey (or tofurkey) day.