[450] Danburys' Frank Pepes Pizza , a critique.

Jay Fink jfink at mhcable.com
Mon Feb 28 04:29:04 EST 2011

Bum-schmuck with double mozz, please.

From: 450-bounces at lists.vhfwiki.com [mailto:450-bounces at lists.vhfwiki.com]
On Behalf Of Bob
Sent: Saturday, February 26, 2011 7:47 PM
To: 144.450 Mailing List
Subject: Re: [450] Danburys' Frank Pepes Pizza , a critique.

My understanding from "those in the know" who have been to both, is that it
is no better, no worse than the original.

Long wait?  Standard at the original, likely to remain long past the
opening, as those that wait in New Haven would get wind and come here if the
line was shorter.

Crust?  I find it "okay", like the burnt, like the thin, but find the dough
bland.

Sauce?  I prefer Sally's or Modern.

Overall, an okay pie, but not worth the wait AND the ride, so maybe just the
wait here will be worth it....though my recollection is that it is no better
than Carnmenuccio's, and there is no wait there....

I'd love to try your dirty l'il bum-schmuck place someday though....all the
best stuff is in places like that.

No flame from me, we seem to be on the same page this time!