[450] preamp repair update

Bob n1ujs at toast.net
Fri Nov 26 18:18:51 EST 2010

Good news is, the amp is back together and not "broken"....the disassembly process did not harm it (i.e. Bob did not break anything) and all faulty components were found and replaced.
The bad news is, the only transistor I had was one that was previously discarded as weak or ineffective in one of my 2 meter amps, and has rather lackluster performance even after tuning.  It does bring up the meter and amplify to some extent, but not to a satisfying extent.
This will be solved with a purchase of a new bag of replacements before they are all gone, as they too (like the cf300) are obsolete.

I'll never put together a jumper without ohming it out every step of the way ever again!