[450] opinions...

George Andrews gandrews at ntplx.net
Mon Dec 27 16:04:54 EST 2010

Leslie,

Decent enough depends on what Nick expects to be able to do with it and how
much computer experience he has. Other factors are how do you want to be
able to connect to the internet? Do you have wireless in the house? Or will
the connection be wired? If you need wireless, be sure the lap top is WiFi
capable. If not you will then have the expense of a PCI card and of course
the need for a PCI slot or two in the laptop (most do). I am not familiar
with AMD processors and the video card may grab up to half the memory.
Should you want to add more memory, it looks like it might be more costly
because of the current configuration (a guess here as I don't know what the
current config is.

This does have WiFi built in and overall is probably a decent starter
computer. I would suggest finding one in a store, bring a DVD and see how
well it plays the DVD. A five to ten minute test should give you all the
info you need. If you can't do that in store, watch a DVD at home (full
length). If the laptop can't do it, return it as defective merchandise.

George