[450] Shack pics

TEC Electric tec411 at juno.com
Tue Dec 21 02:14:11 EST 2010

Bob, Sorry I missed you, the transistors did not really get very hot. getting about 120w max across the band measured on the Telewave. The Diawa read about100 watts, weather it is to a dummy load, the CX333 or the discone all with good SWR. The 1/4 watt resistor located on the rear of the pc board in between rf connectors crackled a bit though. Wondering if the absence of the choke is keeping it from loading. I looked at and re-flowed whatever solder joints I didn't like. Power supply not a factor as I also ran it off the battery bank. I sent  the seller an email advising him...Jay