[450] Nautical mobile. Electrical shock

George Andrews gandrews at ntplx.net
Sun Aug 8 10:10:19 EDT 2010

I was nautical mobile Friday nite/Saturday. Put out calls from Port
Jefferson, the middle of the sound, Captain's Cove and the no wake portion
of the Housatonic.Doing navigation, tech stuff and  communication ops for an
enforcement/rescue and med evac operation for the "Swim Across the Sound".
Fortunately there were no rescues/med evac. Used only an HT since the Ft8900
was in use. It has a Diamond X50 almost at the top of the mast.

Watch out for the permanent effects of a bad electrical shock of any kind. I
got a very bad 220V 60 Hz shock in my twenties at work. I now have
permanently curled toes with the exception of the great toes, The old bit
about a rtoe curling experience is true!

George
N1YAE