[450] I-MAX 2000 is up

Thomas Moore piper925 at att.net
Sat Apr 3 22:14:26 EDT 2010

I think you'll be pleased with the thing. Got one here. Had it and the A-99 up together at the same time. It's better than the A-99 (although, in fairness,I had the A-99 cut for 29.2MHz). I've had great results. You're going to think that whippy end will fail in high winds, but it won't. One drawback...a few years from now if you take it down for some reason, wear gloves. The fiberglass radome breaks down and will feel like a porcupine. I've encapsulated the one here and L.I. with black tape. Material needed....a nice day, an Adirondack chair, FM boombox radio, a 6 of suds and lots of tape.  I used the cheap Chinese tape(Champion) to wrap all sections individually, then applied the more expensive 3M #33 tape strategically in places to keep the chinesee stuff from unraveling. The one here in the backyard has been wrapped for 7 years now....ok fine.
Pipe