[450] Bob Update

Shawn Zupp n2dxtour at gmail.com
Sat Aug 26 12:26:38 UTC 2017

The DX TOUR re-boots this weekend. And a new beginning of special event,
radio activations meant to push & challenge interesting, unique radio
contact potential. In other terms, just do some super-cool radio stuff!

*Will be on-air from the mighty Mt. Washington, New Hampshire (an annual
pilgrimage) tomorrow Sunday,* operating various bands throughout the
morning and afternoon.  From 6,000 feet up, and 6,000 feet or radio
possibilities.

The journey begins at 3:30am in the morning (it's called the "Sunrise
Drive") with a pre-dawn drive up an 8 mile mountain road in the fog, dark
and wind until the summit is reached (it's not for the faint of heart).
Then early morning will begin with VHF and UHF (maximizing best conditions
typically), as well as 10 meter for ground wave.  Then sun rises will focus
on 10 meter and 6 meter for best continued morning conditions.  As
afternoon comes, will likely bring lower HF in the mix with 40/60 meter but
keeping 10 meter on all along.

Don't know what the propagation gods will bring, and it's always "hit or
Miss' off Mt. Washington, as it's a different radio "world' up there I have
found, in my 9 years of going there, but if you're up for trying some
contacts, it would be great to make the long distance connection!   Here
are the details:

*Tomorrow, Sunday, August 27th*

*7am - 11am:*
28.350 USB
144.215 USB
432.105 USB

*11am - 2pm:*
28.350 USB
144.215 USB
50.135 USB

*2 - 6pm:*
28.350 USB
7.250 LSB
(back up on 60m 5330.5 USB)

As always, based on radio activity might be "slightly" left or right of
chosen frequency, so use that VFO!   And as always, available to coordinate
a contact - *by simply Facebook-messenger or text to my cell phone
at 917-386-8711 <(917)%20386-8711>.*

*You can follow live video & photo updates at the DX TOUR Facebook page,
simply go to:*

*https://www.facebook.com/dxtour <https://www.facebook.com/dxtour> *

Hope to catch you on the air tomorrow!

Shawn