[450] Part Duex

David Garcia wb2rxf at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 22:54:26 UTC 2016

Got in touch with AES via email, about the vertical, which told me to call
comet, He said the pin should slide out and be easily accessible. So I went
to the roof in a rush to get this done before the snow squall came in, and
sure enough I took it down and tapped that bottom part a ledge as you see
where the antenna is leaning and it slid down and I connected the pin and
stud via the allen screws, laid out the new coax and dropped it down. I
have to say, It's hears surprisingly well, so much so I'm getting intermod
on 2 meters now its not horrendous but a nu-sense, and mount beacon is full
scale to 40 over, never heard it at all with a vertical, only when the beam
was vertically polarized. I'm seeing its give and take at the moment, the
swr has very sharp curves at specific frequencies move up one and its a 2.0
move down 15kc and its 1.2 and the other way around & towards the upper
part of the band on 2 its weird, if I put the meter for high power the swrs
are normal all around, if I have it set for checking 30 watts and under the
swr is jumping, so which is actual is questionable at the moment. Mt carmel
repeater is about 10 over and beacon is well you know, it use to be full
scale on the x30 until it went caterwampers. I'm not complaining though,
for the time being its receiving really well in many areas and 95% of the
repeaters I use to access are back and much stronger. Gotta see on the next
trip up about getting this swr issue resolved, its certainly a hell of a
lot better than it was, but still needs a little woyk. Thats the story
gents.