[450] chinese

William Knapp / WA1WK kc1wj at kc1wj.com
Sat Oct 24 01:22:04 UTC 2015

  BaoFeng Buys Tokyo High Power Labs

Quietly, without much fanfare, BaoFeng (the marketing name for PoFung
Technologies) has purchased the remaining assets from the holding
administrator representing Tokyo High Power Labs.

This acquisition, completed just before the end of 2014, signals the entry
of BaoFeng into the HF radio market.  This was discussed in detail on QRZ.

RUMORED NEW PRODUCTS

In recent weeks, Factual Amateur Radio Technology Services have learned of
a product roadmap for both amplifiers and a new HF transceiver.  We’re
still gathering details, but what we’ve learned so far includes:

    Three New HF Amplifiers, modeled after Tokyo High Power Labs models.
    Three New HF Transceivers, with features to delight even the most
critical of operators
    A new remote base protocol

Details are still a little sketchy, but the rumored HF Transceivers are
reportedly being labeled:

    BaoFeng Hurricane (SDR with knobs, 250 watt all band transceiver)
    BaoFeng Tornado (SDR with knobs, 400 watt all band transceiver)
    BaoFeng Tsunami (SDR no front panel, 100 watt all band transceiver)

KILLER PRICING

The rumored pricing suggests BaoFeng intends to dominate the HF Transceiver
market in a similar fashion that they have supplanted the VHF and UHF
handheld world.  We could not verify at this moment, but the suggested
retail price for the Tsunami is $180.00 US!

MORE DETAILS TO COME

Watch this site for further information and potentially some prototype
photos!

Source:
https://factualradio.wordpress.com/2015/01/17/baofeng-buys-tokyo-high-power-labs/