[450] (no subject)

George Andrews gandrews at ntplx.net
Mon Oct 19 18:48:42 UTC 2015

Shawn,

My guess is you don’t have a DMR capable radio. So that is where I would start. (http://csi-radios.com/demo-product-two-1.aspx) The Tytera MD-380 comes in both UHF and VHF. You will need to determine what repeaters are available at your home QTH and travel areas.(It is $130 plus shipping) To look at activity, see this site: http://nw.nedecn.org/MinimalNetwatch For a look at DMR repeaters in your area, go here: http://nedecn.org/ To determine how well DMR will work in your location, tune in to the repeater and look at the S-meter or bar graph reading. If you see half scale or more, you will most likely get in.

I am 40 miles away from the repeater I am using and can get in. I am going to put up a three element beam pointed at the repeater so I will have a great signal. I am also looking forward to using this for hill tops.

That should give you a start. Feel free to ask questions.

George