[450] DMR source

George Andrews gandrews at ntplx.net
Mon Oct 19 15:52:04 UTC 2015

For those who are interested, here is a source for the Tytera MD-380 for
$130 plus shipping. There is a UHF and VHF version. For CT, UHF is required.
(Note: the radio will do analog FM also) Up here it is almost all VHF. I am
able to contact the Bow, NH repeater  with HT and stock duck, which is 40
miles from my QTH in Hebron. It is over 50 mile range from my p/u truck when
mobile with a ΒΌ wave on the roof. I know this sounds incredible, I would not
believe it if someone told me this. The audio and signals are very good. If
I am on the air, you can verify my statement by going here:
http://nw.nedecn.org/MinimalNetwatch You can see my signal strength and
packet loss at this site. I think it displays the current activity and the
last 4 to 5 hours.

I need more operating experience, but 40 miles with an HT has got my
curiosity going. DMR is a worldwide thing. There is a net Saturday at noon
that had 145 checkins in one hour with only call sign and sometimes country
given.  As I understand it, this is normal. The only purpose for the net is
to show the world wide use of DMR. You can see this on the included link. If
anyone has any questions, I would be happy to try and help.

George

It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless
minority keen to set brush fires in peoples minds." Samuel Adams