[450] Meriden Fest Tomorrow

George Andrews gandrews at ntplx.net
Sun Oct 18 03:39:42 UTC 2015

Bob,

Greetings!

Not fallen, just bouncing around!

George

From: 450 [mailto:450-bounces at lists.vhfwiki.com] On Behalf Of Robert Busino
Sent: Saturday, October 17, 2015 11:36 PM
To: 450 at lists.vhfwiki.com
Subject: Re: [450] Meriden Fest Tomorrow

Ugh. First to fall.

That being said, Hi George!

  _____

From: "George Andrews" <gandrews at ntplx.net <mailto:gandrews at ntplx.net> >
Sent: Saturday, October 17, 2015 9:57 PM
To: 450 at lists.vhfwiki.com <mailto:450 at lists.vhfwiki.com>

Sorry I missed those who went to NEARFEST. I went on Friday. Got one of
those power meters from John at Quicksilver. I also bought a Tytera MD-380
HT's. It is digital (DMR) and will do analog as well. It works well and the
contact with a local repeater and simplex are improved in range, in part due
to the difference in S/N ratio. I got the radio from the NH digital group
and a half hour or so demo on how to program it. The radios are available
from Connect Systems for $130 plus shipping. That includes programming cable
and software. It is a bit of fun! Nice to have a QSO with operators from
most any part of the world from the comfort of the recliner near the fire
place, HT in hand with a favorite evening beverage!

If you are interested, you can find one here:
http://csi-radios.com/radios.aspx UHF is probably best for CT.

George

N1YAE