[450] Beaglebone Black

George Andrews gandrews at ntplx.net
Sun Nov 15 22:29:13 UTC 2015

Radioshack has a sale running. I found the "Getting Started with Beaglebone"
package on clearance. Buy a package of RadioShack batteries and get the
Beaglebone for half price, which was $15.74 or $20.72. I don't know if they
are running the same sale in CT/NY. I don't think RS batteries are the best,
but the price for the Beaglebone can't be beat!

Rasberry Pi has a larger user group and maybe has been around longer.
However if you are really into stuff like this, there are a lot of
advantages to the Beaglebone. I am planning on looking at ways to use it for
DMR/DStar/Fusion etc. May also play around with SDR. For the price, I may
try to get another.

For a comparison see:
http://www.n8xym.com/2013/11/beaglebone-black-vs-raspberry-pi.html

George

It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless
minority keen to set brush fires in peoples minds." Samuel Adams