[450] HRDLogbook with free callsign lookups and launch error fix

David McKenzie dmckenzie at gmail.com
Sat Apr 18 19:40:30 UTC 2015

I recently set my flex back up along with supporting software.
Apparently Ham Radio Deluxe isn't free anymore and the latest free
version has some unfortunate bugs resulting from hard-coded urls that
have changed. They also crippled it so that the only callsign lookup
option is qrz subscription which is $30/year. I have fixed both of these
with the following python script:

http://github.com/krisp/fauxqrz

It works by using the hosts file to redirect requests to the script
running as a little web server that does the magic.