[450] Fwd: [Moon-Net] My first 2 meter eme contact and at 50 watts

David McKenzie k1fsy at vhfwiki.com
Sun Jan 5 20:15:51 EST 2014

sounds like he's shooting for the moon. pretty good with that setup, though
apparently you can make contacts when the moon is at the horizon if your
noise level is low enough with jt65. my noise here is way too high for that
though with the spare 2m9s it could be doable. you should try it when the
706 comes back in, you have pretty low noise there.

looks like he doesn't work vhf except 6 meters, cant put up more antennas,
and is pretty much CW-only. Would be tough to bring him over here.