[450] Newtown Hamfest

George Andrews gandrews at ntplx.net
Thu Sep 5 19:34:15 EDT 2013

Bob and the "Group",

Hope all is well with everyone. Things are going well here. We just finished
the installation of a 6.5 kW generator, so radios will work in the event of
a PF. There are a lot of four leggeds prowling around at night, so I put a
game camera. We have seen deer, moose, fox, and bear and have heard bob
cats. And for those who are into nature and critters, we may have spotted
owls living nearby. Life is good!

Although I am happy to be out of "The People's Republic of CT" (PRC), I do
miss my radio friends. I also miss a couple of the ham fests and Newtown is
one of them. I don't know of any local ham fests, but Nearfest is only an
hour and a half away. I will be definitely making the journey to at least
one, if not both. If anyone wants to meet there, let me know.

I have been delayed (still can't find everything yet), but do plan to start
a "CT Expatriates Net". 40 M is great up here when the trees are bare (+20
dB from CT). Signals are barely audible once the trees bud. 75 M looks like
it will be possible year round. We shall see what the propagation brings! If
anyone is interested, please let me know.

73 to all!

George