[450] The link

George Andrews gandrews at ntplx.net
Mon Jun 17 21:00:07 EDT 2013

Bob,

I have been following the thread, but did not know all the details regarding
function. I thought it was a kind of remote base. It sounds like a great
concept. Thanks to all for your efforts on this project. How does one get on
the "call sign list"? I would not be a frequent user, but would likely check
in once a month from NH if RF does not work. It is also great to see such
collaborative effort on such things.

All of my antennae have been taken down at Seymour and are packed and ready
to move to New Hampshire. I am going to try to salvage the A99. It has
something growing on it that is apparently alive and might be eating the
fiberglass. Did not know there were life forms that eat fiberglass. Will
scrape it off and see if anything functional is left. It has been up for
almost twenty years and has never been taken down.

I have only mobile and portable capability presently. I have HF already in
NH and a 3 element beam on the second floor Harry Potter room. I plant to
improve the HF antenna first and the get the Diamond X200 up next. A tower
on the garage (for 2m and 6 M H) is in the future, but there is a lot of
non-radio stuff that will have to come first.

I do think I will need a couple of week's downtime once we get up there.

George