[450] K1fsy going postal

George Andrews gandrews at ntplx.net
Sun Oct 14 19:21:45 EDT 2012

It's a lot of work! Cases weighed empty then weighed water filled and
weighed. This provides case volume. Cases are selected so that volume
variation is +/- 3% or less. Primer pockets are uniformed and cases trimmed
if needed. Match grade primers and Sierra Match King 168 gr.. Each match
king is weighed and only those with less than 3% variation are selected.
Powder charge is worked up on paper targets. Loads are then chronographed
and tweaked (if necessary) for minimum SD in velocity. Testing is done from
the bench using about 10X power. After the first three to four shots, it is
a bit difficult as there is no longer an X to sight on, so things open up a
bit due to degraded sight picture. The first three to four shots are usually
touching each other. The group size is based on a ten shot string. The
barrel is allowed to cool a bit between shots.

Now if I could shoot that kind of group competitively! That is for the 308.
I could not get the same results for the 30-06. BTR 200 yd range closed
before I got time to try the 7 mm (non magnum). I also would have liked to
try Berger (308) or other "custom" bullets and test at 600 to 1000 yds

Enough of this as some may view this as too off topic and offensive.