[450] Mobile antenna mounting.

William Knapp / KC1WJ kc1wj at kc1wj.com
Thu Jul 12 10:32:34 EDT 2012

While I have been wracking my brain about triple and quadruple mag
mounts and getting those rubber jar openers to use as pads underneath
so I don't tear up my paint, I realized that I have a Thule ski rack
that fits the Volvo perfectly in the garage. Now I just have to ome up
with a way to clamp antennas to it. It's aluminum and it might flex,
so I will probably need to re-enforce it with some 1/8" (or so) sheet
metal. Possibly in an X configuration between the 2 rack cross pieces.
But hey, it's a start of a decent idea.
Dave -- I remember you had your HO loop mounted to the roof rack on
your Explorer. Did you have to fabricate some type of clamp system?
Refresh my memory.

73
de KC1WJ