Lazy monday project

David McKenzie k1fsy at vhfwiki.com
Mon Apr 30 15:49:17 EDT 2012

I put the HF 5-bander back up on the 20' backyard tower today. The
first try I had it almost to the top and had to bring it all the way
back down upside down, so the second time I got a little help from Dr.
Prusik and a little rope. Two bowline knots, one to the tower and one
to the antenna, and the tail from the antenna side in a prusik
friction knot along the rope so that I could slide the knot up the
rope and keep the antenna in place. Once it was high enough from the
yard ladder I moved to a ladder on the deck to life it the final few
feet onto the mast. Some pictures at the link below.

Unfortunately it doesn't load up like it used to, but the dips are
still in roughly the same places so I'm hoping I can just use the
tuner to get a better match and still have reasonable performance.
We'll see.

https://plus.google.com/photos/105751626186862099306/albums/5737281529756600817?authkey=CMmB8fiHmuuMag