[450] Good deal! For an HT that is...

George Andrews gandrews at ntplx.net
Sat Sep 17 18:01:35 EDT 2011

Group,

No mobile. Best price on the UV-3R including shipping is $46 to 49. Lower price with shipping brings it up to pretty much the same. They are part 90 approved, so they can be used ob public service frequencies. I think thet are also legal for MURS. If you buy one, look at included accesories. The one that is sold with three antennae (VHF,UHF and dual bander) is a good deal. Most ship with seperate VHF and UHF antenna. Downside is two antennae to carry. Advantage is higher gain on the monobanders included. A VX1 antenna did not perform as well as the included VHF monobander. Spare batteries (Chinese) are cheap, less tha4 $4 for 1800 mAh compared to the stock 1200 mAh. RadioShack is closing out the Fuji NP 60 which is 1100 mAh for $3.97. Althogh less capacity than the stock battery, it might be better quality.

The radio gets overloaded a bit if you are near a pagerville location. Overall, it is a decent radio for the price. Great when you need small, light and small size. I am able tbring up 147.00 and 147.345 repeaters from my house in Seymour.

George