[450] Attn: Dave

Thomas Moore piper925 at att.net
Thu Jan 6 22:28:53 EST 2011

Sounds like an interesting mic George, especially for the price. $24...dirt cheap. I think the Nady sp-1 may be a little less, but if it went toe to toe with the PR40, it's a deal.
Most dynamic type "studio" mics will give us more freq. response than our radios can pass, but some are designed with a rise at certain frequencies to give them more appealing sound. My two favorites are the Beringer b-1 electret condenser....has a midrange rise that seems best suited to me on the Jupiter....$99 (needs phantom power), and an EV 410 ? , I think, designed for female singers. It gets the best reports on the 2950.
A little pricy, but I found a good one a few years back on Epay for cheap.
Pipe