[450] FW: [VHF] US Based 4 Meter Beacon

George Andrews gandrews at ntplx.net
Wed May 5 20:20:48 EDT 2010

Got smashed once smashing atoms with a very pretty lady named Zdenka (Czech, spent a lot of time in Russia). It was the lab Christmas Party. It was Stoly before such was available in the states. It was chilled to the point of being a bit like syrup. It was consumed in the Russian manner as I was told. Cups, straight up. One bottle was finished and we were part way into the second when the machine broke down. As it would be, it was my area of expertise, the ion source. I very quickly learned never try to repair an ion source soused. I turned of all the other voltages except the 20 kV. got zapped and sobered up very quickly. The 100 proof breath ignited and caught my whiskers on fire! The burn (on my hand) took about three weeks to heal properly, probably due to the alcohol infused state of the tissue at the time of the burn.

Moral of the story: Never smash atoms smashed! ( never try to keep up wit an eastern Eurpean and wodka)

George