[450] Saturday projects

George Andrews gandrews at ntplx.net
Sun May 2 17:47:07 EDT 2010

Re: [450] Saturday projectswolfwerx

Fish can be caught and eaten. Leave the Blue Heron alone. You don't want to eat possum (maybe you would). Rabbits are good eating as is wild turkey (some like drinking it). Duck is good eating. Snares will work for rabbits, wood chucks and possibly geese. Sometimes it is possible to just grab a goose by the neck believe it or not. They will chase you. I have had to cuff them upside the head to get them to give up a couple of times! Could have easily grabbed it by the neck and brought it home and put it in the oven. You could use firearms for some and a bow for turkey and probably geese.

I won't go into any game dressing details here, but get your hands on a cookbook called "Joy of Cooking". You will have to get an older copy as the game preparation and cooking. Somewhere along the way, someone (publisher?) saw fit to delete such. It is peerhaps one of two cookbooks worthy of purchase!

Caveat on the snares. Be careful, as you may catch things you don't want to eat! Be sure to use non lethal snares. Don't mess with the neighborhood dogs and cats! Have-a-hart traps work as you have a choice of what to do with what you catch. But then you have to be able to do what is neccesary to consume what you have caught.

What you can do depends on where you live. If you can't put up an antenna, you will probably git tarred and feathered for eating what is on your property!

Google: Joy of cooking, snares and dressing game.

You could always build a legal limit microwave station with a very high gain dish or horn!

Almost forgot this cookbook! http://www.amazon.com/Original-Road-Kill-Cookbook/dp/0898152003/ref=cm_lmf_tit_1

George