[450] Wouxun mobile radio

George Andrews gandrews at ntplx.net
Sun Dec 12 10:47:35 EST 2010

I was following the thread on these radios, talking to others about the radios and signed on with the users group. I was thinking about buying one on line until I found that Lentini's was selling them with accessories at a good price. Lentini's gets them through wouxonus.Through research, I found it is better (for my purposes) to buy through a US importer. The reason is the radios that come to the US are part 97 and part 90 certified. The radios are shipped ham radio capable only. They can be software modified to cover public service bands which is good for what I do and makes it legal to do so. A lot of public service users (PD/FD) by FT 60's and open them up for use on public service frequencies. The one area I need to do more research on is marine radio. I think that is covered in another area, I think part 80. I have read that some town FD's have bought them and used them for a year or so and find them adequate and a lot cheaper than Motorola, etc. It would be ideal for me to have a radio certified for amateur, public service and marine service.

The primary reason I bought the HT is it is 2M/1.25M and no other manufacturers make such an HT.

Here are some links: www.wouxun.us General info, US distributor
www.wouxun.us/item.php?item_id=228 Mobile radio
www.eham.net/reviews/detail/8524 eham reviews
www.wouxon.com Factory website

I am not sure how well hyperlinks pass through here, you may have to cut and paste.

George
N1YAE