[450] Antenna Problems? We all have them!

Rich t41 at optonline.net
Fri Dec 3 19:32:49 EST 2010

Here are a couple pics of the "damage" from the past weeks storm (Several 60MPH gusts near here). Luckily the leaning was easily corrected. You can also see the Ground plane scanner antenna under the 2/440 stick and how crooked that was!

I will take some closeup pics of the chimney mounts next time I am on the roof, forgot to bring the camera with me up there today.

All in all, not really too much trouble....it could always be worse!

Charlie, don't be scared off from the chimney mounting....in many ways I feel it is superior to other types of mounts, all things considered. We can discuss further OTA my reasoning behind this, but suffice to say I have a lot of history with this mounting scheme....so I speak from some experience.

Peace All,

TMA

P.S The first two pics are taken  from the ground in front of the house, second two from the top of the ladder up against the lower section of roof in the back, and last from rear of back-yard.

The beams are leaning towards just west of north..(.well, not anymore!!!)

--

It is impossible to make anything foolproof, because fools are so ingenious.