[450] Hmmm, wha da ya think of this

Thomas Moore piper925 at att.net
Sat Apr 10 20:14:40 EDT 2010

Stand alone...yes. For those with the knowhow and ambition I was suggesting to consider a marriage of parts.  Using the case, front controls and final section of an export. Don't know how mosfet rigs will tolerate it but some of the Toshiba transistors will pass full audio and work on that band. They now sell export 10 meter rigs with four Toshiba 2sc-2879....result...about 400pep. Same transistor as used in Ameritron 10-160 no-tune mobile amps.
Me, I don't have the knowhow or ambition and enough problems to last a lifetime....I was just sayin'..."consider".