[450] I'm the general now :)

David McKenzie k1fsy at vhfwiki.com
Sat Apr 10 16:56:42 EDT 2010

oh you're up at school, i forgot. We can probably work on HF portable if you
hilltop and tree a dipole or something. I dont hear much up your way
usually, but then again it's sparsely populated. I can do gain on 20, 15,
and 10 horizontal and if the band is open maybe vertical on 40 down, best
vertical at 10.

I've never operated HF mobile so i dunno what you should get, but ive heard
decent things about ham sticks, and have worked a couple mobiles on 20
running them, so worth a shot. You should try interfacing your car rig
(ft-100?) to your laptop and run PSK31 from a hill top in the mobile. Lots
of fun.