[450] Vertical

Rich t41 at optonline.net
Thu Oct 15 11:00:40 EDT 2009

Believe it or not Vin, the new vertical M2-9 (which Bill KC1WJ was nice enough to give me!) is mounted on a 5' piece of fiberglass that came off the bottom section of a broken tree pruner/saw thingy! ( I used fiberglass so as not to de-tune the 6 Meter too much.) The main steel mast is heavy-duty TV masting which you cant find anymore. Bottom section below the rotor is about 4' and the top section with all the gear on it is 12'. I got them at a garage sale a few years back. Set me back a whole dollar!

Now we'll see if it makes it through another Long Island Winter!

W2TMA

--
For every important problem, there is a simple solution that is wrong.

H.L Mencken