[450] Seeking HF base rig

Vinnie Grosso Vinnie at vinnievision.com
Sat Jun 20 13:40:26 EDT 2009

I've had a 746pro, and despite the bad press on it -- it has always
worked for me, has a great 6M front end and has 2M  -- other than that i
agree with Bob, get one with an analogue meter, but likely that will
limit you to not having 6M. In that regard Rich turned me on to the Icom
551, and to this day it beats everything I have in the shack including
the 756Pro3 --go figure. I did put a 6M preamp in the 551 though. Bob
knows much about the 551 as well.

Vinnie