[450] Preliminary Testing

John Foege john.foege at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 18:34:31 EDT 2009

Hi All,

If anyone is around and wants to do some preliminary testing on my
beam, I have it sitting up about 2ft off the ground on some wooden
tables in the backyard and being fed via 50 ft of RG58 (hahaha) with a
delta match to the driven.

Obviously this is super super sub-par. I'm suprised if any of my
signal is making it to the end of the RG58. But I'd like to see if
people could even hear me with the antenna so low to the ground and
being fed with such super crappy coax. If yes, then I believe I will
have a good antenna once it goes on the roof.

Thanks,

John