[450] battery backup project

George Andrews gandrews at ntplx.net
Mon Dec 14 22:30:49 EST 2009

Bob,

Not a problem. I still push the envelope. Tried recharging a rechargeable
Lithium Ion battery in the last year. Got a little over confident in my
understanding of the rate of change of temperature. The AA battery went
bang. I had to get out the full face gas mask to get in the room! Had to
open the window and put a big fan in the window. It took three hours or so
before the air was of breathing quality. It took several hours more to clean
up the debris. The AA battery was reduced to a large number of chunks, none
bigger than gnat size. Glad no one or the cats were in the room at the time.
It was enough to keep away from rechargeable LiIon batteries! I was finding
pieces of the battery for six months afterwards.

George