[450] Another troglodite shack....sans troglodite

Bob N1UJS at toast.net
Thu Aug 6 23:43:01 EDT 2009

Kodak HTML EmailCool.
When is my next chance to hear it?

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Thomas Moore
  Sent: Thursday, August 06, 2009 5:43 PM
  Subject: [450] Another troglodite shack....sans troglodite

        Ok, shows the basic L.I. shack with the RCI as the workhorse for 10/11 meters and the transverter on top, with the 10in/160out amp on the left. This will give me am, fm, lsb, usb and cw.  2  10  and 11, don't need anything else out there for now. Other photos show the mast set-up. The  cap on top of the 1 1/4" pipe will be taken off, another 10' of pipe added, a "4-way tee" placed on top with a final 4' pipe on that. Two 1' pieces will be screwed into the sides of the cross to accomodate my extension ladder. The pipe to mast is accomplished with 1 1/4" and 1" gal. split ring hangers, pieces of 3/8" threaded rod sleeved with 3" pieces of 1/2"emt.  This is the same  mast set-up at CT although it's more massive.  What the photos don't show is the pipe to house bracket (split ring with 1/2"rod through shed wall), and the 8' of 1'' gal driven into the ground and up inside of the big pipe.  So I got or will have a beefier pipe system ( hey.... with a 250 lb. plumber standing on top of that ext. ladder, I need all the sturdiness I can get). The 24 feet of pipe and 20 feet of mast will be topped off with the 23foot Imax2000 10/11 antenna.    There it is.