[450] New/old contacts

Bob N1UJS at toast.net
Sun Apr 12 12:44:05 EDT 2009

Just worked Larry, N1WIB, over on 6 meters.  He used to be part of the 450 group WAY back (when we spent a lot of time on 6 meters) and is in the Berlin, CT area.
Presently it seems he is on 6 exclusively (on a stacked pair of loops), but upon hearing of the activity on "450" is interested in putting his 4 element back up.
Also, I worked a guy W1ATV, Walt, over there and he is running a home made six element quad.....check him out on QRZ....very nice construction!
Both are good prospects for "450 induction".  If you have a moment and the capability, stop over on six and say "hello" to them.......if you can avoid Ray, N1DVL, who swooped in and took over just as I left.......