[450] mOST UNFORTUNATE....

Bob N1UJS at toast.net
Sat Apr 4 17:13:58 EDT 2009

This was a friend and mentor of mine (and Charlie's, and others), an avid "simplexer", and radiohead.  I was SO pleased when I looked him up upon my return to the bands and found him lurking just a few weeks ago right where I left him years ago..........

>From QRZ:

W2BIS Tom Perry silent key

Thomas R. Perry
WAPPINGERS FALLS - Thomas R. Perry, 66, a Town of Wappinger resident for 30 years, entered into eternal rest on Sunday, March 15, 2009, at Vassar Brothers Medical Center in Poughkeepsie. Born Sept. 16, 1942 in Greenpoint, Brooklyn, Mr. Perry graduated from Martin Van Buren High School in Queens in 1961 and with Honors from New York Technical College in Brooklyn in 1963. Upon graduation, Mr. Perry was hired by IBM, beginning his career as a Technician at the IBM Research Center in Yorktown and retiring as an Advisory Engineer in 1992. During retirement, Mr. Perry (a licensed small engine aircraft pilot since 1989) enjoyed flying "7605 Golf" (his own Cessna 172) as well as several Cessna airplanes owned by the Grasshoppers flying club, of which he was a member for many years. Also an avid motorcycle enthusiast, Mr. Perry spent many hours riding his beloved 1989 Honda Goldwing, whom he affectionately nicknamed "Leroy." Perhaps Mr. Perry's greatest passion, however, was Ham Radio. Initially licensed in 1958 as WA2BIS, Mr. Perry held an Extra Class license for the past 23 years under the call sign W2BIS. Known by many as "Tommy Tech," there was not a transceiver, receiver, transmitter, microphone, speaker, antenna or amplifier that he could not repair or refurbish. He will sorely be missed by the boys on "535," and by the many, many individuals for whom he generously donated his time and knowhow to help resuscitate their ailing rigs and components through the years. Mr. Perry's survivors include his loving wife and soul mate of nearly 45 years, Marilyn Perry, daughter, Dr. Donna Perry and her husband, Dr. Jonathon Amith of Gettysburg, PA, son, Thomas Perry of Highland and son, Michael Perry of Wappingers Falls. Other survivors include his two beautiful granddaughters, Kathleen Rose Perry and Alana Kiri Amith, both of whom will dearly miss their Grandpa, sisters, Eunice Chelosky of Plainview, NY, Patricia McMahon of East Northport, NY and Geraldine Holt and her husband, Ronald Holt of West Islip, NY, as well as many nieces, nephews and friends. Calling hours will be 2-4 and 7-9 p.m., Thursday, March 19, at the Delehanty Funeral Home, 64 E. Main St., Wappingers Falls. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated 10 a.m., Friday, March 20 at St. Mary's Church, Wappingers Falls. Burial will follow in St. Mary's Cemetery.